Helping patients get connected to health coverage
What is this?
We know that unemployment is rising in part due to the COVID-19 pandemic impacts. This is why HCA Healthcare has created a dedicated hotline for patients that may have recently lost their jobs (laid off or furloughed). The hotline provides personalized guidance to health coverage options, and can do the following:
- Evaluate eligibility for COBRA, Healthcare Marketplace/Exchange Plans, and/or Medicaid and potential resources that may offset cost of insurance premiums
- Understand, complete and submit eligibility applications on the patient’s behalf (if desired)
- Follow up with county or state to complete eligibility process (if needed)
Who is this for?
This is a free service and is intended to help connect individuals that may be faced with health insurance coverage challenges due to unemployment.
How can they help?
This hotline is staffed by patient benefit advisors and can help patients with their individual situation to find their best coverage options.
What do I need?
If your patients have expressed concerns over their ability to pay for healthcare services based on their job status and health coverage, please encourage them to call.
When can I call?
The service is offered Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 6:00pm EST and is open now.
Uninsured Patient Advisor Hotline: (833) 541-5757
- Patient benefit advisors provide personalized guidance on health coverage options for patients that may have recently lost their jobs
- Patients are evaluated based on eligibility for COBRA, Healthcare Marketplace/Exchange Plans and Medicaid
- Service is free
To learn more about the services our advisors provide, visit HCA Healthcare.com/hotline
* There is no cost to patients for this service. We are not representing any other company or selling insurance plans.